CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Reflection

So Easter right around the corner and I'm feeling all sentimental. I'm very blessed in my life so far. I've had serious health problems for a long time.

It's called Endometriosis. Yep, it a long word, here is the medical definition Endometriosis (from endo, "inside", and metra, "womb") is a medical condition in women in which endometrial cells are deposited in areas outside the uterine cavity. The uterine cavity is lined by endometrial cells, which are under the influence of female hormones. Endometrial cells deposited in areas outside the uterus (endometriosis) continue to be influenced by these hormonal changes and respond similarly as do those cells found inside the uterus. Symptoms often exacerbate in time with the menstrual cycle.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometriosis)


I mean I was at a point where I couldn't get out of bed. I couldn't cook, let alone stand up or even get dressed. My life was wasting away in a dark room. The lives of my children were affected because I was incapable of doing certain things at certain times. About two years I had major surgery. Recovery wasn't bad and every day since then I have been blessed. I can live my life again. But having Endo I lost a lot, a lot of time, my hubby(now ex) wasn't understanding because no one really knew what was wrong with. Because this disease isn't the first thing doctors can diagnose you with. The only real way is with surgery. I was past on by doctor's and my ex used to tell it was all in my head. I that my chronic pain is over, I feel as if my life has just begun anew.

I want to bring needed attention and proper funding to research Endometroisos. So many women are inflicted with this condition. I met some women who like me felt all alone and abandoned by our support system and our own bodies. So this Easter, be blessed for your family, especially the women. Your mothers, sisters, friends, Aunts, all the women in your life. I'm glad I'm now able to do the things I love, write and play with my children. I'm humbled to be able to walk with no real pain.

So if someone asks me why I'm blessed I tell them, I've got a new lease on life.
Hugs and blessings,
Raven

8 comments:

Faith Bicknell said...

I'm glad you see the blessings in the rough times. Many people are unable to do that. Kudos to you!

K.T. Bishop said...

Glad you're feeling better. We all have some drama to deal with.....

Fiona Vance said...

It's great when the clouds part and the sun shines again after periods of pain and suffering. That's a nasty disease. Great to hear how your life has changed so much for the better! That's a wonderful story for the season of rebirth :-)

Fiona

Raven Starr said...

Thanks everyone for the blessings. I thought at this time of year it's good to reflect on what you have, and lost. It gives us perspective and balance. Thanks for stopping by to read today. Enjoy Easter or Passover.
Blessings to all,
Raven Starr

Regina Carlysle said...

((((((HUGS)))))))

Jambrea said...

I'm very glad you found what was wrong and you think of the blessings you now have. (((hug)))

I'm also glad things aer better now. :D

Nancy Famolari said...

Life can be wonderful. So terribly glad you're now able to enjoy it with us. Thanks you for sharing. Sometimes we forget how blessed we are.

Blessings!

Jacquie Rogers said...

Spring is always a good for renewing our souls, no matter what religion--or not. It must be the daffodils, such happy faces in the flowers. :)