CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, April 17, 2009

Romance Appeals in Tough Economic Times

View of a couple embracing on a balcony of their house
No one can argue that economic times are tough. Taxes are high, prices are high. If we had any money in the stock market it's now about half. People are worried. You see it in the news every day, so why are we still reading romance novels?


  1. Romance novels are cheerful. The characters are attractive. They face serious, or not so serious, problems and come out winners.

  2. Settings in romance novels are attractive. In times like this most of us want to get away from our problems for awhile. Romance novels let you visit pleasant places, resorts, estates, and interesting villages. It's a cheap vacation.

  3. The characters in romance novels provide good role models. Seeing how another person solves their problems often gives us clues in how to solve our own.


Amid all the worry and problems of our everyday life. It's nice to be able to take a quick vacation and escape to a beautiful place with people who you'd like to get to know as friends.

1 comments:

J K Maze said...

I love reading books that are positive, even if I'm reading a mystery, I want romance with it and a happy ending. I also believe that having a positive attitude is important and helps. Without it, a person can give up too soon and not get their own happy ending.

I've got one wish that I'd love to come true. I want to see a real live six-pack male body, not just one in pictures. I hope it doesn't take as long as it did for me to get published.