CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Why I Love Romance Novels

I love to relax with a romance novel: handsome heroes, gorgeous settings, conflict, and, of course, lots of sex. But the most appealing aspect of the the romance novel for me is the strong woman heroine. The women in romance novels aren't pushovers waiting nervously for some man to come along and rescue them. They're spunky women who do things. They may fall for the hero in the end, but they make sure it's on pretty equal terms and the guys love it.

The women in romance novels are excellent role models. Don't we all want our daughters to be secure in themselves and their careers before choosing the man of their dreams. Romance novels offer a guide for how to have your man and not lose your identity in the process.

In my novel, Summer's Story (available from Red Rose Publishing), Summer has two men eager to help herget her horse, Meadow, to the races. Rather than give up her independence, Summer trains Meadow herself. Once she's secure in her ability to handle the job, she teams up with the guys, but she never lets them rule her life.

I see this pattern in most romance novels. That's why we choose them. Who wants to be depressed? I want to see women as winners.


4 comments:

Raven Starr said...

Yay!! I love your post. Nice cover too by the way.
Hugs,
Raven

Nancy Famolari said...

Thanks, Raven! I think the cover is fantastic. Red Rose does great covers!!

Raven Starr said...

Oh yes, I love Red Rose covers. They're getting better and better, I think.
Hugs

Sylvia Hubbard said...

good post

I love romances because of the way I feel when I'm first falling in love.

I think this is true in mostly all humans. Feeling the rush, the blush and the (clearing throat) pus all at once is like fireworks going off from head to toe.

Unfortunately since we (as responsible sexual beings) can't go around and do that morning noon and night with any tom dick and mookie, we choose to open the pages and see others fall in love over and over and over and over and over again.

If someone could put that feeling in a bottle they could be the richest person by the end of the hour.

LOL

coming soon: Tanner's Devil from Red Rose